Vaishakha Shukla Trayodashi is celebrated as Narasimha Jayanti. Lord Narasimha was the 4th incarnation of Lord Vishnu.'Nara' means 'Man' and 'Simha' means 'Lion'. On Narasimha Jayanti day Lord Vishnu appeared in the form of Narasimha, a half lion and half man, to kill Demon Hiranyakashipu and most important, to protect His little bhakta, Prahlad!
We all know the story of this blissful incarnation of Lord Vishnu. This divine event in a life of a child devotee Prahlad, conveys very important messages to all who are walking on the path of spirituality and devotion.
Message Of Narasimha Jayanti:
1. Do not ever try to control or compete God by own cunning and limited intellect or by any other means. Hiranyakashipu tried to do it and finally we know the result!
2. God can do what we cannot even imagine! He is beyond our imagination and can shower His grace with surprises!
3. For the protection of His devotee, God can incarnate at any time, at anywhere, and in any form!
4. However difficulties and hardships we face, maintain unflinching faith in God.
5. Although God's devotees forgive offences done to them, BUT God does not! Learn to respect the pure devotees of God.